Work biography

This is my work biography from 1984 to present

The first job I got paid for, was as a summer job back in 1984 it was a fill in as a encoder on a news paper – back in the eighties you had to encode all text that was going to be in the newspaper, this was kind of a fun job. It may sound easy, but I can assure you it was not – there where a lot of codes to remember and if you typed everything right there where less work for those who worked with editing and you got a higher rank as a encoder.

After I finished graphic school 1985 I got a job as a printing press printer in another town quite far from my home town. It was a real adventure to move out from my parents house but also great to start my own life and start to earn my own money.

After two wonderful years as a printer I took a job as a youth leader and during the next two years I worked around the clock because it was so fun to work.

Then I got a job as a printer again but after ten months the company shut down, but I was not unemployed for long, as I found yet another printing job.

1991, for the first time in my life I was unemployed but I did get the opportunity to get a paid education in desk top publishing – this was a whole new world for me to learn how to make graphic design with computers and I really enjoyed it. In 1992 I worked as a saleswoman for a graphic printing concept.

In 1993 I gave birth to a son and I was a staying home mom during his first year, then I came up with the great idea to start my own firm. (I should not advice people today, with a one year old child to start their own company)

In 1994 I started my own graphic company “Annas Print and stuff” – mostly I printed promotional gifts, but I also produced custom made profiling for companies. This was a really fun but challenging period of time in my life. In 2004 I put my company to rest.

In 1996 I gave birth to a daughter and she has literally been growing up in my print shop, I had my company beside our main house which gave me the opportunity to work more freely.

In 1999 I was offered to start working as a fill in as a nursing assistant in elder care, and I thought it could be fun to try it out. I had been working alone in my company for years and it was nice to get some workmates. I enjoyed this work so much that I stayed as a fill in to 2007, and after that I educated myself to become a LPN nurse.

2007 we moved from the countryside in the north to the sea in the south of Sweden. This opened up for me to get more experience in my roll as a LPN nurse. So between 2007 – 2010 I have been working with people with neuropsychiatric disorders and physical disabilities and I have loved it and it have made me a more humble person.

In 2010 I got the opportunity to work as a fill in in at a Hospice – it might sounds strange but this is one of the best work I ever had. When you work so close with people who knows they are going to die – you learn to appreciate life. I would have liked to stayed and worked longer at Hospice, but they could not take me in as a full time employed so when I got a god offer to start working with a new project for people with ADHD I could not resist.

Since 2011 I have been working as a coach for people with different kind of disabilities who wants to make a comeback and start to work again.